Nice France Photos
Use this search feature to quickly find the information you're looking for:
Nice France photos feature some of most beautiful and picturesque scenes on the face of the planet. In fact, the city of Nice, located in Southern France along the breathtaking Côte d'Azur ("the Blue Coast"), has been deemed by tourists second only to Paris, the world's favorite capital.
If you're not sure what there is to see and do in Nice and where you can snap the best Nice France photos, here is a handy travel's guide to this fashionable hot spot.
Photo by: Jonathan Martz
- Nice Beaches: Nice is best known for its pebble and sunny beaches and for having the longest coastline in France. It offers both public and private beaches, as well as souvenir shops, cafes, and restaurants. Running along the coast is the palm-tree lined and picture-perfect Promenade des Anglais, a favorite walkway for strolling, cycling, rollerblading, and skateboarding. If you're looking for a real photo opportunity, be sure to walk by 37 Promenade des Anglais where you will find the pink-domed elegant Hôtel Negresco. Even if you can't afford to stay there, the view is well worth the effort.
- Vieux Nice or Old Nice: Enjoy winding through narrow historic streets in Nice's most charming and quaint quarter. Be sure to visit Eglise de Gesu on Rue Droite, an ornate Baroque church with breathtaking sculptures and artwork, and to stroll down the pedestrian Place Rossetti, featuring red-and-yellow-lined Italianate buildings, boutiques, souvenirs shops, and famed ice cream shops. In the evening enjoy a beautifully lit-up Old Nice while you eat dinner and listen to live music in the balmy air.
- Marche aux Fleurs: For postcard-perfect Nice France photos, check out Nice's colorful flower market which is held every morning in the Cours Saleya, a popular square where you can also enjoy breakfast at one of Nice's traditional restaurants.
- Colline du Chateau: For a magnificent overhead view of the city and of the harbor, climb the stairs of this ancient castle or take the lift most of the way up.
- Nice Museums: In addition to its outdoor activities, Nice is also home to over 20 museums including many fine collections of art. Among them you will find the Marc Chagall Museum, Musee Matisse, and Musee et Site Archeologiques de Cimiez.
- Nice Music: With musical nights held throughout the summer, with opera and classical concerts held during August at the Clôitre du Monastère de Cimie, and with Musicalia, Nice's summer jazz festival which has attracted hundreds of global tourists to the Parc de Cimiez each year since the event began in the 1940s, music lovers will not be disappointed!
As you can see, there are endless sites and activities to capture on camera in Nice. And when your vacation is over and the memories begin to fade, simply pull out your Nice France photos and relive the experience all over again!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Use this search feature to find it: